- High school diploma or GED
- Complete a formal academic training program accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacist (ASHP)
- PTCB Certification
- Complete 1,000 hours of on-the-job training
- Register with the Board: fill out application and pay registration fee
- Renew registration annually- requires 10 hours of continuing education
Although PTCB certification is not required by the state of South Carolina, there are many benefits of becoming certified such as higher salary and greater marketability.
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.
South Carolina Board of Pharmacy:
P.O. Box 11927
Columbia, SC 29211-1927
Phone: (803) 896-4700
Board-Approved Pharmacy Technician Schools in South Carolina
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Accredited Schools