- High school diploma or equivalent or is currently enrolled in a program that awards a high school diploma or equivalent
- Register with the Board within 30 days of employment: fill out application and pay registration fee
- Comply with ONE of the following:
- On-the-job training from the pharmacist-manager completed within 180 days of employment -OR-
- Enrollment in a community college pharmacy technician program
Although PTCB certification is not required by the state of North Carolina, there are many benefits of becoming certified such as higher salary and greater marketability. Additionally, North Carolina will allow a pharmacist to supervise more than 2 technicians if the additional technicians are PTCB certified. Therefore employers may prefer to hire PTCB certified pharmacy technicians in North Carolina.
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.
North Carolina Board of Pharmacy:
6015 Farrington Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27517
Phone: (919) 246-1050 Fax: (919) 246-1056
Online Pharmacy Technician Training Programs - North Carolina
- Prepare for the PTCB exam
- Walgreens and CVS Externships Available!
- Train in as little as 3 months
Read our review of the Career Step Online Training with Externship
Pharmacy Technician Schools in North Carolina
The local schools listed below are for reference purposes only. Research schools and their accreditation before enrolling.
Brookstone College of Business
Care One Health Training Institute
Carolina Career College
Durham Technical Community College
Mount Eagle College