- Must be of 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school
- Pass background check
- Register with the State Board: fill out application and pay registration fee
- One of the following:
- Completed an Indiana Board approved training program -OR-
- PTCB or ExCPT certification
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.
Indiana Board of Pharmacy:
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 76204
Our Preferred Indiana Approved Online Pharmacy Technician Training Program:Career Step offers an affordable online pharmacy technician training course. The Career Step Pharmacy Technician Training program provides preparation for the PTCB certification exam as well as the NHA exam (ExCPT), comprehensive support, placement assistance after graduation, and externships. Career Step's pharmacy technician training course is approved by the Indiana Board of Pharmacy.
Indiana Board-Approved Pharmacy Technician Schools
See full list of approved schools at the Indiana Board of Pharmacy website: