- Be of 17 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school
- Pass background check
- Register with the State Board: fill out application and pay the registration fee
- Renew registration biennially
- If PTCB certified, provide proof of certification (In Georgia, more technicians can work in a pharmacy if at least one is PTCB certified)
Although PTCB certification is not required by the state of Georgia, there are many benefits of becoming certified such as higher salary and greater marketability. Additionally, Georgia allows a higher pharmacist to pharmacy technician ratio in the workplace if one technician is certified. So having a certification may make you more preferable to employers.
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.
Georgia Board of Pharmacy:
Department of Community Health
Georgia Board of Pharmacy
2 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Online Pharmacy Technician Training Programs - Georgia
- Prepare for the PTCB exam
- Walgreens and CVS Externships Available!
- Train in as little as 3 months
Read our review of the Career Step Online Training with Externship
Pharmacy Technician Schools in Georgia
The local schools listed below are for reference purposes only. Research schools and their accreditation before enrolling.
American Professional Institute
Brown Mackie College Atlanta
CNU Medical Institute
Fortis College- Smyrna campus
Georgia Medical Institute