- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and one of the following:
- Hold an associate degree in pharmacy technology.
- Completed a training course accredited by the board.
- Graduated from a school of pharmacy recognized by the board.
- PTCB Certification
- Pass background check
- Obtain a license from the California State Board: fill out license application, submit passport size photo, finger prints, and pay the license fee
We make every effort to keep this information updated however for the most up-to-date information, check with your state board of pharmacy.
California Board of Pharmacy:
1625 N. Market Blvd. N219
Sacramento, CA 95834
Online Pharmacy Technician Training Programs for PTCB Exam Prep - California
- Prepare for the PTCB exam
- Walgreens and CVS Externships Available!
- Train in as little as 3 months
Read our review of the Career Step Online Training with Externship
Pharmacy Technician Schools in California
The local schools listed below are for reference purposes only. Research schools and their accreditation before enrolling.
Career Colleges of America
Institute of Technology
American Career College
Boston Reed College
Valley College of Medical Careers
PIMA Medical Institute
American College of Healthcare
LA Vocational Institute
Career College Consultants
A.C. I. Career College
Glen Oaks College
Contra Costa Medical Career College