Pharmacy technicians have two options for national certification;
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Not all states require certification however certified pharmacy technicians enjoy increased pay, greater marketability, and more flexibility to choose from a wider variety of positions. Check your state's requirements to see if you are required to be certified.
- PTCB Certification for more details on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
- NHA Certification for more details on the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
- Why Get Certified for more details on the benefits of being a certified pharmacy technician. Benefits such as higher salary, proof of proficiency to employers, and greater marketability.